IAGR has launched its awards program: the International Regulatory Awards
IAGR will announce the award winners at a gala dinner as part of the IAGR2021 conference in Boston in September.
Press release.- The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) recently announced the launch of its latest awards program, International Regulatory Awards. IAGR invites its members to nominate outstanding regulatory outcomes and contributions both in their own jurisdiction and globally.
“There has never been a greater need for gaming regulators to be innovative in their regulatory practice,” says Catherine Myers, IAGR Trustee and CEO of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation in Australia.
“The International Regulatory Awards offer a unique opportunity to acknowledge and recognise exceptional regulators who are helping to drive the industry forward. They provide a platform to promote success, share ideas, and inspire other gaming regulators across the globe.”
The awards capture a breadth of positive initiatives in gaming regulation from across the world. Nominations are welcome from all fully accredited IAGR members.
The nomination form is available on the IAGR2021 conference website.
Categories of the International Regulatory Awards
An international judging panel will select winners from the following five categories:
- International regulator of the year – recognising exemplary leadership and accomplishment in regulatory policy and practice
- Regulatory excellence – recognising excellence in gaming policy and regulation
- Regulatory innovation – recognising a new or innovative policy and regulatory approaches
- Best regulatory campaign – recognising the most creative, compelling, and impactful responsible gambling/safer gambling communication campaign
- Regulatory rising star – recognising an emerging public policy and regulatory leader
The panel of confirmed judges include:
- Ben Haden – UK Gambling Commission
- Thulisizwe Johnson – Botswana Gambling Authority
- Caroline Kongwa – National Gambling Board South Africa
- Jason Lane – Jersey Gambling Commission
- Catherine Myers – Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (Australia)
- Paul Newson – Senet Advisory (Australia)
- Trudy Smit Quosai – Greo (Canada)
- A representative from International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) – TBC
IAGR encourages all jurisdictions to get involved and use this opportunity to celebrate public policy and regulatory achievement. Nominations close on 31 July 2021. The full awards criteria and rules are available on the IAGR2021 website.
IAGR’s official media partner is Focus Gaming News.
IAGR2021 is organised as a partnership between IAGR, Massachusetts Gaming Commission and IMGL. For further information please email email@example.com or +61 414 751 828.